Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Baby Cozy (Lighter weight for boys / 0-3 mos.)


Here's my newest Baby Cozy for boys. I've been sharing my Baby Cozies with you for a few weeks now. If you look through my other posts you can even see the cozy as I developed the pattern. I think it's kind of exciting to watch something go from an idea to a finished product.

So now I've made the Cozy in two weights, a bulky for colder climates and a worsted for everywhere else. each weight has a style for girls and one for boys. Now I guess I'll have to wait and see if people like them. I've already been thinking of all the color combinations I could do not mention the patterns I could work in, but before I go crazy, I want to see if they sell. I've done that before. I make something that I love, make 10 of them, only to find out that it's just not what people are looking for. It's never a total loss. I donate my things that don't sell to charities and feel like they are at least going out into the world and maybe someone will love them.



What's next for me? One more cozy. Now that I've perfected the design, it's time to make one for my new little niece or nephew that's on the way. I only have a couple couple weeks so I better get busy!

4 comments:

tya anthony said...

i love this !

Jenn said...

Thank you! That is sooo nice to hear!

Unknown said...

I love your baby cozy! Any possibility of converting it for a knitter!?

Jenn said...

Hi, I just now found your comment. I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to convert this to a knitted pattern, but I don't think I'm the knitter for the job. I've been crocheting for over 30 years, but I just started knitting a few months ago. We need a knitter/designer with a little time on their hands. I actually don't know anyone, but if I meet a willing knitter, I will definitely pursue this.

I wish I could give you a more positive answer!

Jenn