Saturday, November 21, 2009

Corriedale Wool Sampler 6oz


At some point I'm going to have to stop all of this listing and go buy a turkey, but let me procrastinate a little longer and show you what I've been up to today.

I have one more sampler. This is a big six ounce Corriedale Wool Sampler. These are commercially dyed and I know that makes a difference to some folks, so I want to be clear. On the other hand, these would make a wonderful gift along with a drop spindle or perhaps some felting needles.

Corriedale has a longer staple length, between 4 and 5 inches. This makes it much easier to handle if you are using a drop spindle or even a spinning wheel. The fibers just won't come apart on you that easily. Felters like that they can quickly cover more surface area in less time.

When I look at these colors, Jet Black, Silver Grey, Pagoda, Dark Blue, Olive Green and Crabapple, I can see so many possible combinations. You could spin some striking skeins of yarn and that's a fact!

No comments: