Friday, November 27, 2009

Firestar 2.25oz Sampler


I sold my last 3oz Firestar Sampler right before Thanksgiving, but I knew I needed to dye more. Everyone seems to love these samplers, so two days before Thanksgiving, I managed to dye 9 pots of Firestar so I could bring you this 2.25oz Sampler just in time for the holidays!

What is Firestar? It's a sparkling nylon fiber, created like roving with a generous (around 4") staple length. It can be spun on its own for a shimmering skein of yarn that would be stunning for warm weather garments. More commonly, it is used to add sparkle to projects. A little Firestar can go a long way. Simply tease loose the fibers and introduce them sparingly to your roving as you spin. The end result will be a skein of yarn full of lustrous shine. Firestar blends incredibly well with other fibers and will even needle felt!


(You can find this Sampler on ArtFire too!)

No comments: