Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Floral Bloom Necklace by Claudia Chavez-Scharn


I still have a few treasures left to share from my trip to Santa Fe. While there, I spent a Sunday afternoon walking around the downtown square. I am not someone who enjoys traditional shopping. I avoid places likes malls and superstores and marvel at how others can tolerate weekly trips to these places. On the other hand, give me a beautiful day and streets lined with tents and tables and I am in heaven!

There is just nothing to equal the experience of discovering something you have never seen before. The adventure increases when you get to have an actual conversation with the very individual behind that creation. On this particular day in Santa Fe, I had the true pleasure of meeting the artist I would like to introduce you to today.

The beautiful necklace before you is a one-of-a-kind original by Claudia Chavez-Scharn. This design is called the Floral Bloom Necklace.

On this particular day, I had my husband and two sons with me. They don't exactly share my enthusiasm for street fairs. What it boils down to is that even mom should get a turn every once in a while. Consequently, I have adopted the habit of perusing displays quickly, only stopping if something really catches my eye. Claudia's display of Floral Bloom Necklaces was just such a thing.

I love how wonderfully delicate her necklaces appear. They have a floating quality as though the flowers and pearls are suspended only by air. I wanted to touch the pretty necklaces, but I hesitated. Claudia immediately reassured me and encouraged me to pick one up. I was impressed to realize that they were in fact sturdy feeling. Claudia uses very high quality materials in her work. Stainless steel jeweler's wire makes a durable base for the glass flowers, gemstones and pearls wrapped with sterling silver.



Ok, so you can tell I liked them, because I bought two! I just couldn't pick a favorite so I solved my dilemma by allowing myself more than one choice. The one above will make a nice birthday present for my mom in a few weeks, and the one on the left is probably staying home with me.

If you would like to learn more about the Floral Bloom Necklace or how to purchase one of your own, contact Claudia at ccbeadzone@yahoo.com

No comments: