Thursday, December 3, 2009

Lollipop Hand Painted Roving


Here's a couple ounces of hand painted Blue Faced Leicester. I just made this yesterday afternoon. It's along the lines of what I may start to offer next year in my shop. I do think I went a little wacky on the colors with this batch. I don't know what gets into me sometimes!

So I named this fiber Lollipop because it kind of reminds me of candy. I think I'm going to spin at least a couple ounces of it up in a thick and thin. I dyed 4oz so if anyone sees this post and really loves it, I'd be happy to make a listing at Wind Rose for the other two. I'm planning on selling my painted roving at $4 per oz for BFL and Merino.

Now I just have to design a few colorways that are less wacky. That should be fun though; play time in the dye kitchen!

Oh, One more thing. If I have any felters reading this post, I need your opinion. I was wondering if you would like a variegated roving like this one only in a variety of skin and earth tones. It would mean buying 4oz of roving all in one piece with probably five different useful colors. What do you think?

4 comments:

Moosjeploosje said...

Would be very nice. Although I prefer merino for wetfelting. I Rainbow dye most of the rovings myself others I buy.

FiberArtisttoo said...

many of my customers have been asking for more earthy colors, I am a bright color person myself. I haven't tried rainbow dyeing myself. Will have to give it a try someday.

Jenn said...

Thanks for the feedback. In my shop I sell roving by the ounce, but quite often I'll have a felter come a buy a handful of earth tones. I was just thinking an all in one roving could be cool.

Heather Woollove said...

I think the skin/earth tone roving would be wonderful. You should probably tag it with 'Waldorf', too, since a lot of Waldorf parents and educators make dolls of various colors and ethnicities and often need little bits of those colors for hair and skin.
BTW: Your products are always lovely and innovative!
http://woollove-functional-fiberart.blogspot.com/