Monday, December 14, 2009

Spirited Chalice ~ It's almost dry!


I'm a little over eager today. I couldn't even give my painted roving a chance to dry all the way before I was making it pose for a picture.

I think this will spin up very pretty. I'm pleased with how nice and soft the roving came out and the color saturation is very good too.

For some reason when I'm painting roving, I often picture a scarf. I'm not sure why. I guess it's because a scarf is one of the most popular and basic things people tend to make. I think to myself, "This would look great with a jean jacket or a black coat." Stuff like that.

Other times I think about people; different hair colors and skin tones. "This would look nice on a woman with silver hair," I'll muse. Of course it doesn't really matter what I think. What I hope for is that someone will see some roving I've dyed and say to themselves, "This will look so nice on me!"

1 comment:

~ Phyllis ~ said...

I have a feeling that is going to spin up nicely