Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Yarn Selection and Playing with Skitch


I've been surfing around looking for a yarn that I think would work well for my vintage baby bib. I was going to choose from the yarns they carry at Michaels or Joann's, but I just couldn't do it. Joann's has a pretty large inventory, but the product reviews were telling.

I found myself at Webs. I'm sure most people who love yarn have found this online shop. Their prices aren't bad and they have all the choices you could ever want. I stumbled onto this new yarn by Debbie Bliss. It seems to fill all of my requirements.

It's a natural fiber, sport weight, machine washable yarn and a price that I think most people could afford. I want to make all of my patterns from reasonably priced yarn because I don't want anyone to look at a project and feel like it's out of their reach. Of course people can choose to work with whatever fiber they like, but I want the samples to be accessible.

Finally, I needed an excuse to play with Skitch, a new program my husband found for me. Nothing makes me happier than user friendly photo manipulation. Does that make me a geek?

No comments: