Monday, February 15, 2010

1885 Baby's Bib Crochet Pattern (a vintage reproduction) Part V ~ I'm Finished!


That may be the longest title for a blog post yet, but I'm elated to have finally completed this pattern! The 1885 Baby's Bib Pattern and now ready and available at Wind Rose Fiber Studio!

About a week ago, I had to take a break from this project because I kept coming up with small things I wanted to tweak in the design. I made bib after bib until I frankly couldn't take it anymore and had to walk away from my work for a few days. I was getting frustrated. Sometimes it's the designs that look so simple that can cause you the most trouble.

I don't want to scare you off. This bib really isn't hard to make. It was just a challenging pattern to write. If I were to rate the difficulty, I'd probably say intermediate, but that is only because there are armholes to be worked which require a good comfort level in pattern reading.



I'm also happy to be able to share an image of the original pattern today. I want to thank Iva Rose Vintage Reproductions for providing this first generation photograph with me!

Isn't it sweet? There are some styles that just take us back in time and this is one of them. Look at that ribbing and those bows. I find this pattern so charming!

No comments: