Thursday, February 11, 2010

Two Exciting New Ecru Yarns!



I feel like it's Christmas today at Wind Rose Fiber Studio! I just received my shipment of two gorgeous new Ecru Yarns from Ashland Bay.

On the left is a Lace Weight Merino/Tussah Silk. It's called Silver Creek Lace and it is sooo pretty! It actually makes me want to hold a tiny crochet hook and make lace!

On the right is a Sport Weight, Falkland Wool, Superwash Yarn. This makes a great sock yarn or baby yarn and it's completely machine washable. It's so soft and versatile!

These yarns come dye free and can be painted or dyed with your favorite acid reactive dyes like Jacquard or Landscapes. You may also just want to enjoy them in their natural state.

I've been busy adding new things to my inventory this year. Often I choose based on my own projects. If I am making something and I don't have the yarn or fiber I need in my studio, than I add it to my studio. I figure if I use it, you may too. I'm always open suggestions though. I love to learn about what people are interested in and what kind of projects they are making. Please, always feel free to share!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow, can't wait to see what you make! Have you tried any of their heavier weight yarns like these: http://www.ashlandbay.com/ecru-yarns?