Friday, May 14, 2010

Two Bits


My big plan for today is to clean house which is kind of depressing. At least it's one of those quick return activities where right away you see the results of your efforts. That's about the best thing I can say about cleaning.

Before I begin today's adventures in domesticity, I have two bits to share...

My Sewing Circle ~ I just learned about this site from my friend at Peacefully Knitting. It is basically a Ravelry for people who sew. This handbag lining is about the extent of my sewing, but at My Sewing Circle, members of the sewing community can share projects, patterns, ask questions and just generally commune with their people. I think that's pretty cool!

The Dover Sampler ~ I have probably blogged about Dover Publications before because I love them! (By the way, there's a $10 coupon good until May 30.) If you love to read, are creative, a mother, a teacher or just basically a living, breathing human... this site rocks! The Dover Sampler is a really fun feature. If you sign up, once a week they'll send you a link to free content from books. You get things like coloring pages, short stories, stencils, drawing lessons, excerpts from books and I could go on and on! They are wonderfully generous and so much fun!

Well okay, that's my two bits for today. I wish I could think of more because now I'm off to clean...

2 comments:

roseworksjewelry said...

Thanks for the compliment you left on my blog :) Glad your enjoying cleaning - it depresses me :P

Zzz said...

Cleaning, yak :), knitting, yes.