Monday, June 21, 2010

Seven Shades of Soy Silk Roving


Sometimes I don't know what takes more effort, dyeing the roving or listing it all in my Etsy shop at Wind Rose Fiber Studio. It takes a while to load in seven new colors of Soy Silk, but guess what? I'm all done!

I'll give you their names starting with the Charcoal Grey on the top right. Working clockwise we have Red Rock, Bright Salmon, Night Blue, Russet, Salmon and in the middle is Grass Green.

I'd like to point out that the Night Blue and the Salmon are Kettle dyed whereas the rest have been hand painted. I have used both methods for some time now, but I think as far as silks are concerned, I'll be using my painting method 100% of the time from now on. I like the finished product just a bit better.

Well my inventory is starting to look pretty healthy these days, but I still have plans for more dyeing. Summer is my time to stock up before fall because I know it's when the spinners and felters are getting ready for their busiest season too.


I also want to let you know that I have some more of this gorgeous Jacob Swirl on the way. This is a once a year event at Wind Rose. This Jacob wool is prepared so beautifully and I'm so excited to be able to offer it to you again this year. I'll be posting when I get it in, but I wanted to give you a heads up.

Cheers and have a great night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited that it's almost Jacob's wool time! I remember how much I loved it last year! I'm going to start saving my pennies now and hopefully be able to stock up when you get it in.