Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hand Painted Luxury Fibers ~ So Soft!



Painting fiber has become one of my favorite forms of dyeing. I love the way the colors interact and become so vibrant. I haven't gotten to the point yet where I've settled on certain colorways to keep stocked in my inventory. At this point its more fun to experiment with new color combinations and see what I can create. When a roving sells, I take it as a sign that it was well received and I replace that colorway in my shop.

I'm very excited about my two new rovings today. First of all, the fiber itself is lovely. It's a blend of 50% Merino, 30% Silk and 20% Angora. It's so soft and lustrous that the only word for it is luxury. I'm pleased with the colors too. On the left is Growing Wild. It's a blend of vermillion, wine and a bright green. It makes me think of wild flowers. On the right is Spirit Rock. This is one of those times when experimenting really paid off. I love these colors together. They make me think of the sun setting over the mountains in the desert.

No comments: