Thursday, October 7, 2010

Craft Show Discoveries ~ Part IV


Today I bring you the final chapter in my series on craft show discoveries. This handcrafted copper cuff is the creation of Pat Hunemuller Designs.

One of the nicest things about shopping at this booth, was chatting with Pat as well as her friend and fellow metalsmith, Judith Lupnacca. They were so friendly and welcoming. It was more like being a guest in someone's home than walking up to a table at a craft show.

This gorgeous copper cuff is coming with me to Seattle. I plan to give it as a hostess gift to my younger sister. She'll be taking time out to show me and my family around her home city and so I want to give her a little token of my home. Copper mining has been a major industry in Arizona since the 1800s. Even the star on the state flag is copper to represent the importance of this history. Hopefully when she wears it, she'll think of her big sister living down here in the southwest.

No comments: