Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Cro-Tatted Pendant Necklace


I'm still enjoying my latest discovery. I have cro-tatting on the brain these days. Here I've made a pendant from size 10 cotton. This is a simple cro-tat shape and I found a green aventurine star to sew in the center. I used my KumiLoom to make a matching cord so that I could turn it into a necklace.

After I started exploring cro-tat, I knew I was hooked so I ordered a needle tatting book. I want to learn more stitches and designs. Since I can't stay away from tatting while I wait for my book, I'm sitting around trying to figure out designs of my own. Most of the time, the result of this exploration is me frogging my work. Still, I'm having fun trying.

2 comments:

Kathryn Ray said...

very cool

Zzz said...

Absolutely cool, the star is a good idea.