Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Beanie For Craft Hope


Yesterday Craft Hope announced Project 16:  The Littlest Warriors.  This time we'll be crafting for kids fighting cancer.  Craft Hope is collecting beanie hats for babies through teens and bags for the kids to take to the hospital.  You can even fill the bags with crayons, coloring or activity books and anything else the kids might like.    

I couldn't wait to get started, so last night I got to work on a larger version of my Spiral Baby Beanie.  I've always liked this hat and I knew it wouldn't be hard to enlarge the size.  I need another day or two, but I'll be posting a free pattern for this beanie in youth to adult sizes.  

For this particular hat, I picked colors that I thought would look cute on a little boy, but half the fun is making them in different colors every time.  You can get creative with embellishments too.  On my Crochet Patterns Page you'll find a couple free flower patterns and a little leaf.  You could also buy sew-on decals for boys and girls at most craft or fabric stores.  Novelty yarns can also take this beanie to the next level.  Imagine a fur trim or a nice bouclé.

I like to get the kids involved in these projects too, so I'll be designing an easy sew fleece hat or something that we can do together.  My boys just don't want to learn to crochet.  Can you imagine that? 

No comments: