Thursday, February 23, 2012

The 2012 Ornament Project ~ March Preview


I was cruising along with my day when I realized I hadn't blogged about anything.  There's almost always something hanging out in my studio, so today I thought I'd give you a sneak peek at the ornament I've designed for March. 

I was not planning on making a star when I sat down with my handspun and hook, but it just kind of happened.  I guess a star would make a good July ornament.  When I started this whole project, I wasn't necessarily planning on having the ornaments represent their months in some way.  Still, it makes a certain amount of sense.  I think when the year is complete, I'll sit down and compile all twelve patterns into a small book.  At that point perhaps I can organize them to better represent each month. 

It's hard to believe that March is just a week away.  Whether it comes in like a lion or a lamb, it will also be greeted by a new free ornament pattern! 


No comments: