Friday, March 9, 2012

BFL/Tussah Top ~ It's New!


I have another treat to share today.  This is my idea of a luxury fiber!  This is 75/25 Bluefaced Leicester and Tussah Silk.  I love spinning BFL.  There's just something about the crimp and the feel of this wool that's so appealing to me as a spinner.  The Tussah silk blended into this top makes for incredible softness.  It also gives it a lovely shine.

Rachel Ray always wishes for "smell-o-vision".  I'm wishing for feel-o-computing.   Okay, so it's not as catchy a phrase, but I really wish you could reach out and touch this fiber!

I guess the best I can do is a close-up.  I like this blend even better than Merino/silk because it handles so well.  Of course Merino/silk is soft and pretty, but BFL/Tussah is just so spinable and the crimp in the wool gives the top a loftiness that I think is unique and special.  Can you tell I like this fiber yet?  

I linked to a 2oz listing above, but you can find it in other amounts at Wind Rose Fiber Studio

No comments: