Friday, January 11, 2013

Restocking Wind Rose


This is the time of year when I like to rebuild my inventory at Wind Rose Fiber Studio.  It's no small amount of work, but it's fun.  I love to add a couple new fibers each year, and like other businesses, sometimes I let a couple go.  

Yesterday was grey here in the Valley of the Sun, so I wasn't able to photograph any of the new fibers.  I'm hoping I'll be able to get started with those today.  In the meantime, I began packaging and listing some favorites back into the shop.  

Silk Hankies are back.  Just before Christmas, the last of my silk was swept away in the holiday rush, so it's nice to have these beautiful, delicate Silk Hankies back in the shop.  I've also replenished my stock of Thick & Thin Highland Peruvian Wool Yarn.  This is by far the most popular yarn I carry.  It's perfect for making baby blankets or cocoons or any thick and quick project.  It's so soft and dyes beautifully.  I also replaced Deschutes Heavy Worsted Merino/Silk 60/40 yarn.  I have to admit, I pillaged my own inventory in this case.  I sent one skein to my mom along with a pretty snood pattern for her birthday.  She remarked on how much she liked the yarn.  I like it too and recently crocheted an entire lacey vest from just one skein.  There's a lot you can do with a 500 yard hank!

Well that's all for now.  I should be back tomorrow with more to share.  The sun is shining and beckoning me to take nice photos of fiber!

No comments: