Monday, October 7, 2013

Spinzilla 2013 ~ Day 1


It's 5pm on Day 1 of Spinzilla and it's been a very pleasant day.  It's rather rare that I devote myself completely to spinning.  I tend to divide my time among many interests which means none of them get the attention they deserve.  This week however, that is not the case.  This week I am a spinning monster ascending the Empire State Building one yard at a time!

That last sentence would be more powerful if I had a picture of the Empire State Building, but I am a desert dweller.  This is my spinning spot, so perhaps a diving analogy would have been more appropriate.  

I actually began spinning last night at 9:00 because the event began at midnight EST.  I know I wasn't alone.  Scattered across North America, several hundred spinners were doing the exact same thing.  The thought of so many spinners, sitting down with their wheels and spindles, all at the same time, is what makes this event so much fun.  

 What have I spun so far?  Hey, thanks for asking!  I started off spinning a Bluefaced Leicester and Tussah silk blend.  After spinning 4oz of lace weight, I had to take a break.  Now I'm working on this fat singles from a hatbox full of rolags I carded last week.  This is Merino that I also dyed last week come to think of it.  I mixed a little Firestar into each rolag to give it a hint of sparkle.  It was very pretty to work with out in the sun by the pool.

Now it's time to take a break and feed my family.  I'll probably spin a little more tonight, but I don't want to burn out on the first day.  I'll be writing updates through the week.  I wonder how many yards I'll manage to spin?


1 comment:

Wendy said...

I know how you feel, I divide myself between so many interests too. Spinning is one thing I haven't done in a long, long time!